7th IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control 2021 (July 11-14)
Model predictive control (MPC) is indisputably one of the advanced control techniques that have significantly affected control engineering practice with thousands of controllers implemented in various fields, spanning from the process industry to automotive and robotics. This is due to its unique ability to handle constraints, take preview information about disturbances and setpoint changes into account, and optimize performance. Furthermore, MPC allows the consideration of various types of dynamics, from linear to nonlinear, discrete to continuous, as well as an online adaptation of models and parameters. The research community on MPC is very active, with hundreds of papers published every year. Over the past decades, many theoretical, as well as implementation results, have been achieved.
The IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control (NMPC 2021) aims to bring together researchers interested in and work in the MPC field from both academia and industry. This allows us to reflect and establish the current state-of-the-art and focus on the future development of the MPC field towards relevant directions.
- New frontiers in nonlinear model predictive control
- Stability and recursive feasibility of nonlinear model predictive control
- Predictive control and IoT
- Application of model predictive control in Industry 4.0
- Nonlinear model predictive control on embedded platforms
- Machine learning enabled MPC
- Model predictive control for complex systems
- Model predictive control for systems with distributed parameters
- Model predictive control in automotive domain
- Model predictive control for aeronautic applications
- Model predictive control of mechatronic systems
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) control
- Model predictive control in medicine applications
- Model predictive control in biotechnology
- Model predictive control in process control
This conference is sponsored by the Technical Committee 2.4 Optimal Control and co-sponsored by Technical Committee 2.3. Non-Linear Control Systems
Media & Industrial Sponsors
In view of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the conference will be organized in a pure virtual format. We aim at setting high standards for virtual events with a combination of prerecorded presentations followed by live discussions, panel sessions, workshops, exhibitions, and social events. A reduced registration fee will be defined and published soon on the conference website.